Tuesday, January 12, 2010

MacBook Pro

Okay... So since my post about my goals for this year, I've become a bit obsessed about this MacBook Pro. Is it bad that I want to go to Best Buy, like now, just go apply for a credit card and get it?? My boss at work just got a laptop from there and she said that there is a deal right now that you can sign up for a card, get whatever you need to get (obviously dependant on the credit level that you are allowed), and there is no interest and no payments for 18 months!

Is this just totally bad... I seriously think that this is the thought process that gets people into thousands and thousands of dollars in debt... This is totally bad!

Justification time...
I really don't have a lot of debt, I mean yes, I have college loans I'm paying off, a few bills here and there, however nothing too overwhelming that is putting me under each month. I have a part time job that has the potential to make me a lot of extra cash (part time job = lia sophia: a company that sells jewelry - like Mary Kay make-up... only jewelry). I also have a 2nd part time bartending job that I will be getting some shifts for coming up in Feb/Mar. I do make a decent salary at my full time job that is sufficient for our needs... Not an awesome salary... but decent. I really am not a big shopper... I don't go to the mall or stores left and right, get a bunch of credit cards and go wild. My worst shopping habit is at Barnes and Noble, and I hardly ever go there anymore because I know it is my temptation and I avoid it! I don't even have a major credit card yet... Yes I am 25 and I probably should to boost my credit up a little bit, however on the positive side, I don't have any bills like that to pay off...

The computer that I have currently is a desktop. I got it about 7 years ago when I started school. It has lasted me that long and has been a great computer, however it needs some cleaning out because it is a bit older. We mostly use my babe's laptop, however hers could use a good cleaning too and I actually feel kind of bad putting all my shit on it all the time. I'm just feeling like it's time for me to upgrade and I have always wanted a laptop. I don't do that very often! I don't have any new flat-screen TV's, I have a first generation iPod that I probably could have updated about 4 times now, however I'm cool with the original... We don't have much for gadgets and aren't serial spenders by any definition. I don't know, I just feel like it's time to spoil myself a little!!

Thoughts??



**My Baby**

3 comments:

Girl Fires said...

My thoughts: Good Luck, Girl.
I love Best Buy and hate debt, but whose not a sucker for a new, good computer.

Anonymous said...

From one Barnes and Noble freak to another, I say yes, spoil yourself under one condition.

The part about not having monthly payments? Yes, that's true but you need to make yourself do those monthly payments ON YOUR OWN. Because the other part, no interest during those 18 months? Again true BUT if after the 18 month period you own ANYTHING on that Mac, you will be charged the whole 18 mo. interest on the original price of the laptop.

Spoil yourself, just make sure you can have it payed off by month 16 or early in 17.

Martini Cartwheels said...

I agree with Jude. I have a MacBook Pro - my first Mac - and I absolutely love it! I call it my CrackBook because I am so addicted to using it. It's well worth the investment!