Saturday, January 16, 2010

MmmmYeah.... Saturday!!

Loving today!!!

This is the first weekend that I have had NOTHING to do in quite some time!!! Not to mention, it is even a long weekend for me. Yes, our company considers Martin Luther King Jr. Day a holiday to have off from work! I'm pretty pumped about this! Now I'm not sure how many companies have this day off, maybe someone can let me in on this bit of info... All I can say is that I'm very happy about adding an extra day to my much needed weekend! It was an EXTREMELY long week for me.

I took a personal day on the 8th from my full time job to go to Chicago for a conference for my part time job. Having that day off work was great, however the entire weekend was jam packed full of stuff (so it really wasn't like I had an actual day off) AND everyone in my full time office was still working. So it's a little bit different when everyone has a collective day off because you know nothing is going to come up or that you might miss something.

Anyway, coming back on Monday was awful... and that awful lasted through Friday. It was a combination of a TON of work - new year and all - and a bunch of meetings that came up suddenly because of an incident. I could barely get any work done until yesterday afternoon. I hate getting paid salary and working well into overtime because after so much extra time, it feels like you are barely making minimum wage for the time you put in... UGH... Moving on and reminding myself that it is the weekend...

Back to Saturday... I love slowly waking up after a great night... :-), stretching myself out of bed like my baby girl, moving slowly towards some coffee, brushing my teeth and washing my face (I love that tingly feeling in the morning), and just being lazy all day! We are planning to head out to a Comedy Club with a friend tonight, which should be fun and then laying low the rest of the weekend! Maybe a budget movie thrown in there somewhere, and a bit of cleaning.

Definitely looking forward to 2 more days of this... and that... ;-)

No comments: