Thursday, October 2, 2008

Laying in Bed

I took the day off today. And yesterday too... but yesterday my doll and I had to go to Chicago for an appointment, so the morning came early, and the driving took over the day. We got home fairly early, but we went right to bed. I've never understood how you get so tired from driving... but either way, it was nice to lay in bed. Something that we always enjoy! :-)



The morning is here again, and it is definitely nice to just lay here, relatively no obligations for the day, TV on to watch some morning shows, me about to get some chai tea (my favorite, outside of coffee or hot cider) and listen to my doll sleep. Our little girl (kitty) is the best in the morning. She loves to cuddle and purr right next to us. It is one of those mornings when you are glad to be in bed. I look and see the cooling autumn breeze blowing the tree right outside my window and I am happy that I am laying in bed with my two girls, warmed by her body (legs tangled with mine) and all the blankets. These are really the mornings and days that I love.



One only problem lingers... Work. I try to push it out of my head, but still feel pulled in by the obligations. I really feel like I can't completely separate myself sometimes. I always feel like I am losing time, missing something, not getting things done because I decided to take a day for myself to spend it with my doll. I need to not feel like this. I should feel good. In bliss. The feeling I have usually goes away, and I'm sure it will today, just the same. I think it is probably just because it is the morning, and I am not getting ready to bust my brain for the day due to splitting myself into a million different pieces to get things done like I usually have to do.



I think I will get my chai, make some breakfast to fill my tummy, and respond to the cuddling the my person is showing me right now. It will be a good day... :-)



No comments: