Saturday, October 4, 2008

Feeling A Little Better Now

On my day off earlier this week, I decided that it would be a prime time to get some business things done while I have a day off. Primarily, getting my drivers license renewed.

I looked pretty decent I thought. I was just wearing a nice hoodie (one of my favorites) and a pair of jeans. My hair was down, pulled back with a head-band and I had done my face and all that good stuff a little earlier in the day. Totally something that I would wear to work on a casual day.

I got all the business taken care of, and then of course had to deal with getting the picture taken. I wasn't too worried about it because my first drivers license picture didn't turn out too bad. I actually kind of liked it and had quite a few people tell me that they liked it as well. I guess it was one of the better drivers license pictures out there! Anyway... having that in the back of my mind gave me a little bit of confidence going into the picture...

Until... I actually saw the picture that I took. It was hideous. I have never felt more disgusting. Ugh. Even just thinking about it makes me cringe. I'm going to be getting it in the mail in a few days from now and I'm happy to know that it will be smaller in size, but still a little peeved that the picture was so awful. I suppose it is partly my fault, gaining weight, could have worn better clothes... that kind of thing, but I look at some of my other recent pictures, and I definitely don't look that horrible. Maybe it is a law that drivers license pictures must look grotesque. I totally would have talked to the picture lady about taking a new picture, but she definitely didn't seem like that type of employee. More business than anything, so there was no way it was going to happen.


Needless to say, I felt pretty nasty the last couple days. You know how things like that really get you down... just a stupid little picture ruins your mood for days...

Until... one of my co-workers told me about a comment that our new employee had made after I had left her place of work. My co-worker said the new staff had commented on how "incredibly beautiful" I am. Talk about being blown away. Talk about exactly what I needed at that point in time. Talk about feeling a little better about myself after that.

I realize that there are things that I need to do to better myself, or to take care of myself better, but even a little boost like that is something that is great for the self-confidence. And definitely something to push me in the right direction.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

I'll bet it's not that bad a pic. I've had some pretty bad ones in the past. Luckily my current license pic is one of my fave pics of me.. EVER.

Don't you love getting compliments??