Friday, October 24, 2008

At least something...

So... Unfortunately our little girl decided that she wanted to chew up the power cord for the laptop. Because of that, and because the laptop was used until it powered down and was dead, now we can't even turn it on, and don't have a way to plug it in and charge it... :-(

Obviously this has proven difficult as far as getting online and being able to use the computer. Thankfully, I still have my desktop which I bought for college about 6 years ago that has been sitting in the closet since we moved! Because of this little problem we ran into, I decided it was time to pull "gramma" out of the closet, plug her in, and get a little more use out of her! Thankfully it is a good computer, and it will definitely work until we get the power cord back.

2 things in the immediate present that I'm thankful for:
  • extras of things that you never thought you would need extras for
  • patience for things that you would like immediately, but it just isn't going to happen
So after the bad week at work... no portable computer... no money... and whatever else that might be bothering me... I feel surprisingly in a good mood about the fact that the weekend is here and because of the warm feeling I have right now from using my old computer that got me through so many things over the course of the last 6 years. Weird, corny, warm, and good all at the same time!
Feels like it will be a good weekend! :-)

1 comment:

? said...

Hi,
Interesting blog. I love it and this is my first visit although I would like to be able to find my way back here...