Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It's Official!!

Okay... so maybe it isn't quite official, but I am definitely putting it out there that it is time to do something about my weight.

I know we are pretty tight on money right now, but my doll and I definitely need to get to a gym to do something about how we are growing. With this thought in mind, I decided to make a go for it. I called and spoke to management at the gym I already have a membership with (a membership that I rarely use...) to see what the rates are and if it is possible to get a membership together as a couple. Well it wasn't hard at all to get that figured out, so there we are, 5pm tonight, signing her up as an add-on to my membership! It was only $25 more to add her, so that is fantastic! Very good deal for a big name, country wide, gym membership.

So, first step, after she gets done with class tonight, we are going to do this, and do it together. It is our first day. I actually feel good knowing that I have someone who is going to be by my side with me. I know that our body types are nothing alike, and we don't have the same goals, but that isn't the point. The point is that we both are going to do this. And I'm happy enough with that in mind!

WISH ME (US) LUCK!!!

P.S. If anyone has any tips to throw out along the way, they are very welcomed!

2 comments:

DawgDyke said...

Portion size ..

Exercise will only get your so far if you aren't watching how much you eat ..

Notice I didn't say 'watching what you eat'?

Take the normal portion of food you eat and cut it into 3rds; only eat one 3rd.
Make sense?
Good luck!!!
Happy exercising :)

KraftyKay said...

Good luck with your efforts to be healthier!

And thanks so much for posting that information on my blog--very interesting!!