Saturday, February 13, 2010

Crazy Freaking Mother-In-Law-To-Be

Yes... Two in one night! I need to make up for the missed time!! :-)

That and because as I was reading through my last post, I remembered something just freaking incredible that happened to us the other day. Oh. My - Freaking. Hit. Me. Over. The. Head. Is. This. Happening - God.

So, our kids, our babies, the loves of our lives need a sitter for while we are gone. We treat them as if they are real children, outwardly call them our kids, maybe a little over the top at times, however they are our family!

My babe's dad offered to help us out right after we booked the trip. He actually offered to stay at our place for the 10 days we are gone and watch the kids. Talk about awesome! We were so happy and relieved. He loves Terrance (puppy) and is friendly with Chloe (kitty). We had no concerns about him staying at our place either! He isn't a "snooper" at all and is very kind, trustworthy and genuine.

Well... we found out last week that he wasn't going to be staying at our place, but his wife would be instead! My babe's step mom. They made the decision without talking to us because she thought that it would be better with his commute to work.

Okay... I'm very tolerant of most people! I'm open, accepting, and willing to give anyone a shot. However after the first time that I met this woman, I knew that there were things about her that were going to drive me CRAZY!!!!!!! While most of the time, she is kind hearted and can be very nice and helpful, there are times when she goes a fucking crazy ape-shit kind of psycho. She definitely wears the pants in the relationship and if she doesn't like something, or agree with something, she will make damn sure that whatever the "something" is doesn't come near her with a 10 mile long pole. She also causes a lot of strain between my babe and her dad. There are many things that I know that "dad" wants to help my babe with, however when "step-mom" doesn't agree... It doesn't happen. Yet, when there are things that she wants, she goes out of her way to get them... Tactful or not... Nice hey.

Anyway, enough back story... now to the recent situation...

We found out that the step-mom was going to be staying over and immediately went into covert-operation mode. Made sure all of our bills and personal things were going to be in a place that she wouldn't be able to find or snoop in, got right on top of making sure that everything was cleaned perfectly and in order otherwise I'm sure we would hear it... Isn't this sad. I mean seriously... While we were so happy that someone was going to be here to watch our babies... THIS IS CRAZY!!! Well, it gets better...

We get a phone call a few days later.
Step-mom: "Is it okay with you guys if my friend stays over at your house with me too, because otherwise it will be a lonely week?"
Babe (with a look in my direction): "I guess that should be fine... she will have to stay on the couch because we don't have a spare bed in our place. But it should be okay." **You can't even imagine the look that I have on my face at this point!
Step-mom goes on to ask another question and I hear my babe say, "Why don't you ask [me] about that." She gives me a look that completely reads like -you are going to love this- and I can barely stand to even put the phone up to my ear...
Step-mom: "Hi girl. Well, my friend who I wanted to stay over at your house with me has planned a Mary Kay party and we were wondering if we could host it at your house?"
Me: "Ummm... well... our place really isn't that big and we don't have a lot of seating. Plus, we don't have any kind of coffee table or anything that the display can fit on, so I really don't think that you will have what you need to hold this party at our house."
Step-mom: "Okay, well, we will take a look at it when we get there, but maybe it will be better to have it at our apartment..."

**Yeah you are fucking right it will be better to have it at your apartment!!!!!

Fast forward to two days ago... Step-mom has come over to get the key to our place. I get into the house after a long day at work and come into a conversation about the vacation and her staying over.
Step-mom: "Well, are you going to leave both vehicles here, because with only a one car garage, and 2 other spots, there won't be a whole lot of room in the driveway."
Me: "Yes, we were planning on it."
Step-mom: "Okay, well I guess I'm wondering where my friend will park, because there won't be enough room for all of the vehicles then."
Me: "Would you like us to leave one of our vehicles somewhere else so you can have both of the extra spaces? Otherwise, I'm sure it would be fine for your friend to park on the street. She can always call her license plate into the PD so she doesn't get a ticket."
Step-mom: "Maybe it would be a good idea for me to take one of your cars and leave it at our apartment so my friend will have a space..."
*** I almost had to leave the room to go scream into and punch a fucking pillow at this point!! Are you freaking kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, it was my fault, I offered, but seriously, how much more is she going to ask of us. I didn't thing at all that she would ask us to keep a vehicle somewhere else!!!

Well... It gets better. Apparently, this was part of the conversation that I missed before I got home. My babe was showing step-mom around the place... Where towels, toilet paper, dish soap is... all that good stuff. Well I guess she walked by the room and commented about the way that our bed was positioned in our room. It is angled into a corner with a little end table between the corner of the room and the head of our bed. We do not have a headboard. It is possible that pillows fall down to the floor because of the open space between our bed and the wall...
Step-mom: "Do you think you would be able to move the bed for me so it is flat up against the wall? I just don't think that I will be able to deal with pillows falling off the bed in the middle of the night."
Babe: "Ummm... well, I don't know if we will have enough time to re-arrange our room before we leave. We are working on cleaning other stuff and are putting in a lot of hours at work, so I'm not sure we will be able to get that done too."
Step-mom: "Well, would you mind if I move it for you when I get here? I just don't think I can deal with pillows falling behind the bed."

FUCK THAT!!!!

We have found a new fucking pet sitter!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, I got angry just reading that. wtf??!! MOVE YOUR BED? nuh uh. I'm so glad you found someone new because I can't imagine what you would have found when you got back from your trip.


Btw, have a wonderful time!